As an artist living and working in Northeast Ohio, you’ll benefit from RED DOT Project membership in these ways:
- RED DOT Project staff members will actively promote you work.
- RED DOT Project supports the value you bring to the region as a working artist and entrepreneur. We will always advocate for you to be paid what your art is worth.
- RED DOT Project staff members make it their mission to build links between businesses, individuals and non-profit organizations that help create new markets for your work.
- RED DOT Project is an easy, low-pressure place for clients to shop and learn about your work. We have a solid reputation, especially among businesses and non-profit organizations looking to invest in local artists.
- RED DOT Project understands that as an artist, you might also be represented by a for-profit gallery. Because we believe successful artists, galleries and arts businesses are critical to a healthy region, we’re always happy when you sell your work — no matter how you sell it. We operate on a shared-commission structure, and ask that you be honest when someone has found your work through us.
HOW TO BECOME AN ARTIST MEMBER
Artist members are accepted by application. Applications are reviewed and rated by a peer review panel of artist members working in a variety of media and at a range of career levels. Our peer-review considers professional standards when reviewing applications.
The annual membership fee for artists is $75. Discount rates are offered for partner organizations and affiliates. RED DOT Project members are Northeast Ohio residents from Cuyahoga, Lake, Lorain, Medina and Summit counties.
Once accepted as members, artists provide formatted images for our online portfolio and 10 to 15 pieces of art on consignment for our flat file drawers. The flat file works can be anything that is really flat (or nearly flat, including drawings, paintings, prints, and photography). We also can store pieces that are marginally thicker than paper. Photographs of 3-dimensional works are acceptable on the online gallery presented to clients.
Artists also provide an Artist Statement/Bio and a CD of additional images. We request rotation of onsite work twice yearly (by appointment) and ask that all artist members keep digital works updated regularly. Negotiated discounts for digital and creative services are available with Artists of Cleveland (www.artistsofcleveland.com). RED DOT Project offers artists with local gallery representation a shared commission structure. RED DOT Project artists receive 60% commission on the sale of their work.
- Application form in word or pdf
- 6 electronic images of your work with complete descriptions for each image
- Artist statement or bio
- $25 jury fee to be applied to membership fee upon acceptance
RED DOT Project looks forward to getting the RED DOT on your work. Please contact us by email if you have additional questions and we will be happy to answer them.